The location is perfect – tucked away on a quiet road just off the R403, between Clane & Barberstown and close to Straffan village, convenient to local shopping and amenities.
Coonan Property are delighted to introduce “Meadowlands”, a very fine five-bedroom detached family home to the market. This is a rare and exciting opportunity to acquire a very impressive residence, extending to approx. 3,800 sq.ft. & built in 2008, on this wonderfully secluded and discreet approx. 2-acre site. This home has been designed with the modern family in mind with the brief to have large well-proportioned living space & to also fill the house with natural light – the result is truly wonderful. In addition, the quality of fittings, the attention to detail and the use of technology sets this house apart.
“Meadowlands” is accessed through electric security gates and then via a curved gravelled driveway ensuring privacy for its family. The seclusion and privacy cannot be overstated as it is surrounded by a variety of mature trees ensuring a splendid country atmosphere. There is the added benefit of a large site which will be attractive to the hobby farmer or equestrian enthusiast alike.
Features & Additional Information
• “Meadowlands” extends to approx. 3,800 sq.ft. and was built in 2008.
• Superior insulation to walls/floors/roof
- Exterior walls: in addition to standard cavity insulation. KORE 120mm EPS with wall u-value 0.26.
- Ground Floors: “Duraply” Premier underlay on top of which was poured a 100mm liquid screed (mix of sand, concrete & polymer fibres)
- First floor screed was approx. 45 mm, poured on a sound barrier film.
• Solid American oak floor throughout the house
• Open plan style living space
• Insinkerator instant boiling water & cold filter tap
• Triple glazed hardwood and aluminium windows (double glazed in two bedrooms)
• Integrated sound system throughout most of the house
• Fully alarmed
• Maintenance free windows, facia and soffit
• Top quality materials and craftsmanship throughout
• Central integrated vacuum system with toe kick vacuum vent in the kitchen.
• 9” skirting throughout
• Light oak doors throughout
• High quality bathroom suites throughout – with separate pressurized pumped showers
• Access to attic which has YBS Airtech double insulation throughout with additional storage available outside
• Approx. 2 acres, with security to all boundaries
• Separate access to land from Barberstown-Clane road
• Electric gates with intercom
• Detached garage, extending to circa 610 sq.ft. (with w.c. & w.h.b.) - with electric roller shutter & additional storage available upstairs
• Sweeping stoned driveway with ample parking to front and rear
• Manicured gardens with mature shrubs, trees, fruit trees and landscaped flowerbeds
• Granite kerbing to driveway and lawn areas
• Large patio areas to the rear garden
• Security lighting throughout
• Outside power and taps
• Peaceful country south-facing setting
• Wired for an outdoor hot tub.
• Previous planning permission for two dormer bungalows in the back meadow in 2004 (now elapsed)
• Economical & highly efficient geothermal underfloor heating system
- Total annual Bill for all hot water, heat pump operations & mains electricity, average over last 3 years €1,800p.a.).
• The property boasts a high energy efficiency with a B2 rating. It has zoned heating with a pressurised water system.
• Thermostat controls to each room
• Vent-Axia heat recovery system
• Mains water
• Solar panels – for heating hot water
• Fully wired for internet, T.V. & telephones throughout. Cat5 Cabling and Extreme Fibre Wifi (150 mgs) available.
Entrance Hallway 5.2m x 3.5m
Large wooden entrance door incorporating glass inserts with recessed lighting and feature internal window. Access to understairs. Double doors to;
Sitting Room 8.8m x 5.4m
Open fireplace with cast iron inset, built in storage to conceal television & shelving. Recessed lighting in ceiling and floor. Light filled sitting area with double height ceiling, south facing floor to ceiling windows - two access doors to rear garden and patio area.
Kitchen 5.9m x 3.9m
Extensive range of bespoke Neptune style floor and eye level fitted units (off-white). Double sink incorporating mixer taps plus instant boiling and filtered water tap. Light polished quartz worktop and splashback. Classic Aga MasterChef 2 with four gas burners, central hotplate burner, double electric oven and warming oven, incorporating extraction unit. Integrated dishwasher, fridge and separate built in larder cupboard. Kitchen island incorporating seating, oak wood worktop integrated warming drawer, microwave and range of storage drawers for delph and cutlery.
Dining Area 6.7m x 4.0m
Recessed lighting and two sets of French doors leading to south and west facing patio areas.
Family Room 4.7m x 3.5m
Sliding recessed doors for privacy. Double height ceiling with roof windows, feature period cast iron fireplace with “Clearview” solid fuel stove and built in storage and shelving. Integrated surround sound speakers and recessed lighting.
Utility 4.9m x 2.6m
Victorian mosaic tiled floor. Wall units incorporating a sink, polished light quartz worktop and plumbed for washing machine and dryer. Access to wet room with shower, w.c. and w.h.b.
Games Room 6.2m x 6.2m
Built in cinema system with pull down screen and wired for projector to ceiling and floor. Access to all services relating to the house and storage. Access to attic with fold down ladder and backdoor to rear garden.
Bedroom 1 3.5m x 3.2m
With door to patio area.
Bathroom 2.0m x 1.7m
With free-standing bath, w.c. & w.h.b. Travertine tiled floor to ceiling tiles and recessed lighting.
Bedroom 2 4.6m x 3.2m
With door to patio area and built in wardrobes.
Mosaic tiled wet room with shower, w.c. and w.h.b.
With balcony and hotpress/store off.
Master bedroom (3) 6.6m x 4.0m
Light filled room with views over the gardens and feature windows.
Dressing Room 3.9m x 3.2m
With extensive range of bespoke built in wardrobes.
Ensuite 4.1m x 2.6m
With jacuzzi bath, large walk in shower, his and hers wash hand basins with free-standing Cherrywood storage unit.
Study 5.0m x 3.2m
With a wide range of cherry wood-shelving storage and recessed lighting.
Bedroom 4 3.2m x 3.0m
With Juliet balcony.
Bedroom 5 3.8m x 3.1m
With built in wardrobes and Juliet balcony.
With shower, w.c. & w.h.b. Tiled floor to ceiling.
From Dublin via the M4, leaving at junction 7, proceed to Maynooth, at the top of the slip road for Maynooth, turn left at roundabout towards Straffan. Continue on this road to the Barberstown roundabout and take the third exit for Clane. Proceed along this road for 2kms taking the second right turn. “Meadowlands” is the second house on the left-hand side.
GPS: 53.318476, -6.638844
By appointment at any reasonable hour.