FOR SALE BY PUBLIC AUCTION on Tuesday 25th September 2018 at 3pm in The Glenroyal Hotel, Maynooth, Co. Kildare
Magnificent contemporary residence situated in a most private setting in the enviable location of Straffan. Illan House built circa 2000 was constructed and maintained to the absolute highest standards by its caring owners. The house which is superbly laid out provides for spacious and bright living accommodation all designed around a full height feature central hallway with a beautifully crafted curved staircase as its dominant feature. Accommodation includes 5 bedrooms with three en-suites and a main bathroom, large dining room, sitting room, kitchen, sun-room and orangery as well as a utility room. Outside the house is accessed via a set of iron gates and stone piers with a private drive through landscaped gardens to the house. The gardens which are meticulously maintained, feature ponds, fruit trees. Garden arch, feature Dolmen as well as putting green and a bunker. There is also an elevated “Breeze House” with seating and tables set amidst the gardens and extensive shrubbery. The house has been maintained to a very high level and it sits on gardens of approximately 2.34 acres. Please note there is further land available on request.
Features & Additional Information
• To front a large tarmacadam driveway which sweeps around rear of house.
• Heated “Colonial Breeze house” with table andseating (4 m diameter)
• Front garden has tarmac driveway with cobble lock circled at front door.
• Mature lawns, trees and shrubs surrounding, pebbled pathway out to pedestrian access point to rear land.
• To side mature trees, shrubs and lawn area.
• Outside lights, paved path surrounding the house.
• Flower beds have cobble lock kerbing
• Large patio area
• Off Kitchen feature pond with fountain surrounded by pebbled area to rear garden which also has small putting green stretches out to road.
• Feature green tunnel constructed with timber grown over with ivy and other flowering plants which leads out to the garage shed.
• Feature garden Dolmen (stone from Donegal)
• Electric gates with feature stone entrance piers with Granite capping
• Putting green, two chipping tees and a small bunker.
• Enclosed dog pen
• Fruit tree’s
• Completely landscaped lawns
• Room 1 with separate heating control, attic access point currently in use as a Gym 05m x 9.03m with strip lighting and would be ideal for office/ Living accommodation
• Room 2 work bench, power and light - 5.67m x 8.54m
• Room 3 vehicular car garage with electric up and over door, concrete floors, space for two cars, power and light - 5.45m x 5.94m.
• Boiler House, concrete floor, oil fired burning system, switch board and fuse board here, power and light - 2.7m x 2.21m.
• Room 4, solid fuel store, concrete floor, power, double doors to - 2.7m x 2.3m.
• Oil fired central heating,
• Bio cycle unit
• All rooms wired for both T.V. and data.
• Oil fired Aga also electric element part for oven.
• Integrated dishwasher
• Attic spaces fully insulated.
• 3 Water tanks in attic.
• Residence sits on c. 2.34 acres of gardens
• Additional lands available upto c. 31 acres at fixed price of €15,000 per acre (see map)
• Land has separate access point with frontage to River Liffey
• The façade at main house is part red brick, part rendered façade, granite details around windows, PVC facia soffit and down pipes.
• Front door of property has a stone façade and surround with granite detail.
• Surround Sound Speaker System
• Fully Alarmed
• House sits on approximately 2.34 acres
• Triple glazed windows & doors
Byrne & O’Sullivan Solicitors
Edenderry Co. Offaly
Contact: Brian O Sullivan
Tel: 046 973 1130
6.8m x 6.3m
Oval shaped full height hall with marble tiled floor, large double doors with glazing, feature fireplace with marble surround mantle and hearth and stovax solid fuel stove. Feature curved hand crafted solid wood staircase with balcony.
Guest w.c - 1.7m x 1.4m
Tiled floor, part tiled walls, cornicing, frosted window to front, w.c., w.h.b.
7.7m x 4.9m
Feature marble fireplace with insert stove (stovax), large central ceiling rose cornicing with inset lights and bay windows.
7.6, x 5.6m
Carpet floor, fireplace with solid fuel stovax stove, marble surround and mantle, tiled hearth with a black granite insert. Neville Johnson mahogany full height mahogany door surround and sook case, twin bay windows.
3.89m x 4.2m
Large open atrium to roof, double French doors out to paved patio area, inset lights, coving, solid wooden floors.
5.73m x 4.9m
Tiled floor, alarm panel point, remote gate access control, T.V. point, dual aspect room, full range of floor and wall mounted presses, black granite worktop with AGA stove, Belfast sink, high ceiling with coving, inset light.
2.0m x 3.7m
Tiled floor, coving, window overlooking enclosed patio, plumbed for washing machine, single bowl stainless steel sink unit.
w.c., w.h.b. enclosed window.
Sunroom - 5.4m x 4.96m
Double French doors out to patio area, high ceilings which are pine panelled ceiling with inset lights, T.V. point, solid fuel stand alone stove on a granite hearth with attractive brick surround.
Study/Office - 2.8m x 5.0m
Carpet, full height Neville Johnson fitted shelves and sturdy desk, coving.
Gallery style, solid timber floors, window overlooking front and velux windows x 2. Central rose, seating area,
3.95m x 4.4m
Overlooks front and rear garden, solid timber floors, built in storage cupboards, T.V. point.
2.1m x 3.1m
Tiled floor, tiled wall, frosted window overlooking rear, enclosed dual shower, w.c., w.h.b. heated towel rail, bath.
3.1m x 1.62m
Solid timber floor, attic access point.
5.2m x 5.0m
Full height fitted wardrobes.
Tiled floor & wall, w.c. & w.h.b, Grohe pumped shower.
5.3m x 5.0m
Wooden floor, fitted wardrobes.
Tiled walls & floor, w.c & w.h.b, towel rail, Triton electric shower, Velux window.
Overlooking front lawn, wooden floor.
3.4m x 4.0m
Wooden floor, overlooking front lawn.
Bathroom - 3.0m x 1.6m
Tiled walls & floor, w.c & w.h.b., shower, towel rail.
From Straffan Village Take the Kill road passing K Club on right hand side. On crossing River Liffey proceed for 500m and take first left turn into Castledillon Lane. Proceed straight to end of land and property is on left hand side.
Coonan Estate Agents
Contact: Philip Byrne
Tel: 01 628 6128